Skip to content

Sylhet Strikers vs Durdanto Dhaka: Cricketing Brilliance in BPL 2024

Sylhet Strikers vs Durdanto Dhaka: Cricketing Brilliance in BPL 2024
Sylhet Strikers vs Durdanto Dhaka Cricketing Brilliance in BPL 2024


The Bangladesh Premier League 2024 is set to witness a clash of cricketing brilliance as Sylhet Strikers prepare to face off against Durdanto Dhaka in the 17th match. The battleground is the illustrious Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, promising a spectacle of skill, strategy, and sheer cricketing excellence.

Squad Overview

Sylhet Strikers’ Lineup

  • Najmul Hossain Shanto: The anchor of the batting order, Shanto’s elegant strokes and consistent performances make him a vital cog for Sylhet Strikers.
  • Shamsur Rahman: An explosive opener known for his aggressive approach, Rahman sets the tone for the Strikers’ innings.
  • Zakir Hasan (wk): The wicketkeeper-batsman provides stability to the middle order and is a dependable presence behind the stumps.
  • Ryan Burl: A dynamic all-rounder, Burl’s ability to contribute with both bat and ball adds depth to the Strikers’ lineup.
  • Ariful Haque: An aggressive middle-order batsman and a handy medium-pace bowler, Haque brings versatility to the team.
  • Samit Patel: The experienced all-rounder, Patel’s international experience and all-round skills make him a key player for the Strikers.
  • Benny Howell: Renowned for his variations and power-hitting, Howell is a game-changer in the middle overs.
  • Nayeem Hasan: The young spinner, Nayeem, holds the key to controlling the middle overs and picking crucial wickets.
  • Mashrafe Mortaza (c): The captain’s leadership and wealth of experience in fast bowling make him the linchpin of the Strikers’ attack.
  • Richard Ngarava: The pace sensation adds raw speed and bounce to the Strikers’ bowling arsenal.
  • Rejaur Rahman Raja: A promising young talent, Raja adds depth to the Strikers’ bowling lineup.

Durdanto Dhaka’s Dynamic Squad

  • Mohammad Naim: An explosive opener, Naim’s aggressive batting style can set the stage on fire for Durdanto Dhaka.
  • Saim Ayub: A young and promising batsman, Ayub’s technique and composure make him an exciting prospect.
  • Mosaddek Hossain (c): The captain’s all-round prowess, both with bat and ball, is crucial for Durdanto Dhaka’s success.
  • Alex Ross: The overseas recruit brings international experience and adds firepower to the middle order.
  • Irfan Sukkur (wk): The wicketkeeper-batsman’s role is crucial both behind the stumps and with the bat.
  • Gulbadin Naib: An Afghan all-rounder, Naib’s ability to contribute in multiple departments adds balance to the team.
  • SM Meherob: A promising middle-order batsman, Meherob’s contributions could be vital in shaping Durdanto Dhaka’s innings.
  • Arafat Sunny: The left-arm spinner’s ability to turn the ball makes him a threat in the middle overs.
  • Taskin Ahmed: The pace spearhead, Taskin’s ability to generate pace and take early wickets is crucial for Durdanto Dhaka.
  • Shoriful Islam: A rising star in Bangladesh cricket, Shoriful’s left-arm pace adds variety to the bowling attack.
  • Usman Qadir: The leg-spinner’s variations and knack for picking wickets make him a key asset in the spin department.

The Venue Advantage – Sylhet International Cricket Stadium

The Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, with its lush green outfield and an electric atmosphere, is a venue that promises an even contest between bat and ball. The conditions are likely to influence the strategies of both teams, adding an intriguing dimension to the match.

The 96in Cricketing Prediction

In the unpredictable realm of T20 cricket, predicting the outcome is a challenging task. However, considering the current form and the squad compositions, Sylhet Strikers might hold a slight edge with a 52% chance of victory, leaving Durdanto Dhaka with a 48% chance.

Key Battles to Watch

  • Shanto vs. Taskin Ahmed: The battle between Shanto’s finesse and Taskin Ahmed’s raw pace could shape the course of the match.
  • Mashrafe Mortaza vs. Mohammad Naim: The experienced Mortaza against the explosive Naim promises to be a thrilling contest.
  • Benny Howell vs. Mosaddek Hossain: The clash between Howell’s variations and Hossain’s aggressive approach could be a deciding factor.


As the cricketing world braces for the Sylhet Strikers vs Durdanto Dhaka clash in BPL 2024, fans can expect a display of cricketing brilliance at the Sylhet International Cricket Stadium. This match is not just about winning but showcasing the essence of the sport—strategy, skill, and sheer brilliance. Get ready for a 96in cricketing spectacle that will leave aficionados on the edge of their seats, celebrating the sheer brilliance of T20 cricket.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *