Skip to content

BPL 2024 T20 Showdown: Sylhet Strikers vs Durdanto Dhaka’s Rivalry

  • by
BPL 2024 T20 Showdown: Sylhet Strikers vs Durdanto Dhaka's Rivalry
BPL 2024 T20 Showdown Sylhet Strikers vs Durdanto Dhakas Rivalry


As the Bangladesh Premier League 2024 progresses, cricket enthusiasts are in for a thrilling T20 showdown as Sylhet Strikers gear up to face off against Durdanto Dhaka in the 17th match. The stage for this fierce rivalry is the iconic Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, promising an evening of exhilarating cricket and intense competition.

Squad Face-Off

Sylhet Strikers’ Power-packed Lineup

  • Najmul Hossain Shanto: The linchpin of the batting order, Shanto’s elegant strokes and consistency make him the backbone of Sylhet Strikers.
  • Shamsur Rahman: An explosive opener, Rahman’s aggressive style sets the tone for the Strikers’ innings.
  • Zakir Hasan (wk): The wicketkeeper-batsman adds stability to the middle order and is a reliable presence behind the stumps.
  • Ryan Burl: A dynamic all-rounder, Burl’s ability to contribute with both bat and ball adds depth to the Strikers’ lineup.
  • Ariful Haque: An aggressive middle-order batsman and a handy medium-pace bowler, Haque provides versatility.
  • Samit Patel: The experienced all-rounder brings international flair, contributing with both bat and ball.
  • Benny Howell: Known for his variations and power-hitting, Howell is a game-changer in the middle overs.
  • Nayeem Hasan: The young spinner’s ability to pick crucial wickets in the middle overs is a key asset.
  • Mashrafe Mortaza (c): The captain’s leadership and vast experience in fast bowling make him a vital cog.
  • Richard Ngarava: The paceman’s raw pace and bounce can trouble opposition batsmen.
  • Rejaur Rahman Raja: A promising talent, Raja adds depth to the Strikers’ bowling lineup.

Durdanto Dhaka’s Dynamic Ensemble

  • Mohammad Naim: An explosive opener, Naim’s aggressive batting style can set the stage ablaze.
  • Saim Ayub: A young and promising batsman, Ayub’s technique and composure make him a key player.
  • Mosaddek Hossain (c): The captain’s all-round abilities with both bat and ball provide stability to Durdanto Dhaka.
  • Alex Ross: The overseas recruit adds international flair to the middle order, capable of launching fireworks.
  • Irfan Sukkur (wk): The wicketkeeper-batsman’s role is crucial both behind the stumps and with the bat.
  • Gulbadin Naib: The Afghan all-rounder’s ability to contribute in both departments adds balance to the squad.
  • SM Meherob: A promising talent, Meherob’s performance in the middle order can be crucial.
  • Arafat Sunny: The left-arm spinner’s ability to spin the web around opposition batsmen makes him a key player.
  • Taskin Ahmed: The fast bowler’s pace and ability to provide early breakthroughs are critical.
  • Shoriful Islam: A rising star in Bangladesh cricket, Islam’s left-arm pace adds an extra dimension to the bowling attack.
  • Usman Qadir: The leg-spinner’s variations and knack for picking wickets make him a potent force.

The Venue Atmosphere – Sylhet International Cricket Stadium

The Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, nestled in the heart of Sylhet, promises a vibrant and energetic atmosphere. The pitch is known to offer something for both batsmen and bowlers, setting the stage for an enthralling contest.

96 Sports Prediction

In predicting the outcome of this T20 showdown, it’s a challenging task given the unpredictable nature of the format. However, considering the current form and the star-studded lineups, Sylhet Strikers enter the match with a 53% chance of victory, leaving Durdanto Dhaka with a 47% chance.

Key Clashes to Watch

  • Shanto vs. Taskin Ahmed: The battle between Shanto’s finesse and Taskin Ahmed’s raw pace could be a decisive factor.
  • Mashrafe Mortaza vs. Mohammad Naim: The experienced campaigner against the explosive opener promises a captivating duel.
  • Benny Howell vs. Mosaddek Hossain: The clash between Howell’s variations and Hossain’s aggressive style adds spice to the rivalry.


As cricket enthusiasts anticipate the T20 showdown between Sylhet Strikers and Durdanto Dhaka, the 17th match of BPL 2024 promises a spectacle of cricketing brilliance. The Sylhet International Cricket Stadium is ready to witness a clash of titans, with both teams vying for supremacy. Brace yourselves for a 96 Sports extravaganza that will leave fans on the edge of their seats, celebrating the sheer brilliance of T20 cricket.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *