Skip to content

Sylhet Strikers vs Durdanto Dhaka: Cricketing Giants Clash in BPL 2024

  • by
Sylhet Strikers vs Durdanto Dhaka: Cricketing Giants Clash in BPL 2024
Sylhet Strikers vs Durdanto Dhaka Cricketing Giants Clash in BPL 2024


The Bangladesh Premier League 2024 continues to deliver enthralling cricket, and the upcoming 17th match between Sylhet Strikers and Durdanto Dhaka is nothing short of a clash between cricketing giants. The Sylhet International Cricket Stadium is the battlefield where these two formidable teams will lock horns, promising a riveting encounter for fans worldwide.

Squad Analysis

Sylhet Strikers’ Lineup

  • Najmul Hossain Shanto: The linchpin of the batting order, Shanto’s elegant stroke play and consistency make him the backbone of Sylhet Strikers.
  • Shamsur Rahman: An aggressive opener known for setting the tone, Rahman’s explosive style can provide a flying start.
  • Zakir Hasan (wk): The wicketkeeper-batsman brings stability to the middle order and is a reliable gloveman behind the stumps.
  • Ryan Burl: A dynamic all-rounder, Burl’s ability to contribute with both bat and ball adds depth to the Strikers’ lineup.
  • Ariful Haque: An aggressive middle-order batsman and a handy medium-pace bowler, Haque provides versatility to the team.
  • Samit Patel: The experienced all-rounder, Patel’s international experience and all-round skills make him a key player for the Strikers.
  • Benny Howell: Known for his variations and power-hitting, Howell is a game-changer in the middle overs.
  • Nayeem Hasan: The young spinner, Nayeem, holds the key to controlling the middle overs and picking crucial wickets.
  • Mashrafe Mortaza (c): The captain’s leadership and wealth of experience in fast bowling make him the spearhead of the Strikers’ attack.
  • Richard Ngarava: The pace sensation adds raw speed and bounce to the Strikers’ bowling arsenal.
  • Rejaur Rahman Raja: A promising talent, Raja’s inclusion adds depth to the bowling lineup.

Durdanto Dhaka’s Contingent

  • Mohammad Naim: An explosive opener, Naim’s aggressive batting style can set the tone for Durdanto Dhaka.
  • Saim Ayub: A young and talented batsman, Ayub’s technique and composure make him an exciting prospect.
  • Mosaddek Hossain (c): The captain’s all-round prowess, both with bat and ball, is pivotal for Durdanto Dhaka’s success.
  • Alex Ross: The overseas recruit brings international experience and adds firepower to the middle order.
  • Irfan Sukkur (wk): The wicketkeeper-batsman’s role is crucial both behind the stumps and with the bat.
  • Gulbadin Naib: An Afghan all-rounder, Naib’s ability to contribute in multiple departments adds balance to the team.
  • SM Meherob: A promising middle-order batsman, Meherob’s contributions could be vital in shaping Durdanto Dhaka’s innings.
  • Arafat Sunny: The left-arm spinner’s ability to turn the ball makes him a threat in the middle overs.
  • Taskin Ahmed: The pace spearhead, Taskin’s ability to generate pace and take early wickets is crucial for Durdanto Dhaka.
  • Shoriful Islam: A rising star in Bangladesh cricket, Shoriful’s left-arm pace adds variety to the bowling attack.
  • Usman Qadir: The leg-spinner’s variations and ability to pick wickets make him a key asset in the spin department.

Venue Analysis – Sylhet International Cricket Stadium

The Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, with its picturesque surroundings, is known for offering a balanced pitch that suits both batsmen and bowlers. The conditions might play a crucial role in determining the strategy each team adopts.

96in Prediction

In attempting to predict the outcome, the T20 format’s unpredictable nature makes it a challenging task. However, considering the current form and team composition, Sylhet Strikers might have a slight edge with a 53% chance of victory, leaving Durdanto Dhaka with a 47% chance.

Key Battles to Watch

  • Shanto vs. Taskin Ahmed: The battle between Shanto’s technique and Taskin Ahmed’s raw pace will be crucial in shaping the match.
  • Mashrafe Mortaza vs. Mohammad Naim: The experienced Mortaza’s leadership against the explosive Naim promises to be an enthralling contest.
  • Benny Howell vs. Mosaddek Hossain: The clash between Howell’s variations and Hossain’s aggressive approach could be a game-changer.


As cricket enthusiasts eagerly await the clash between Sylhet Strikers and Durdanto Dhaka, the 17th match of BPL 2024 is poised to be a showdown of cricketing giants. The Sylhet International Cricket Stadium is set to witness a display of skill, strategy, and pure cricketing entertainment. Brace yourselves for a 96in sports spectacle that will capture the essence of T20 cricket and keep fans on the edge of their seats.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *